Supported Independent LivingFind a place to call home.
A place to call your own
Are you looking for a place to call home?
Sunnyfield provides Supported Independent Living solutions for people with disability who would like to live in a shared home environment with residents who share similar interests, hobbies and support needs.
Your journey home
What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
SIL is a NDIS funded support that provides services for people with disability to live in a shared home. Supports are often 24/7 and can assist each resident with their daily life at home including:
Cooking, meal preparation and nutrition
Cleaning and daily household tasks
Personal care & assistance with medication
How we can help you
Finding you a home that suits your needs in an area of your choosing.
Matching you with other residents to share your home with.
Supporting you to build your independence at home.
Connecting you with your local community and surrounds.
Meet the match makers
Our resident match makers are experts in developing Supported Independent solutions and navigating through the NDIS.
At Sunnyfield we’ll match you with your ideal housemates and develop a personalised support plan.
Have a question about Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
We aim to provide all the information you need to find the right solution for your needs. If your question remains unanswered, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to assist you with your Supported Independent Living enquiry.
What is Supported Independent Living?
Am I eligible for SIL funding?
- Provide evidence that they are unable to live without 24/7 supports. This is identified through a Functional Assessment Report (FAR) undertaken by an Allied Health professional.
- Provide an Identifying Housing Solution’s report by a support coordinator.
Eligibility must also:
- Take into account informal supports provided by families, carers, networks and the community.
- Be effective and beneficial to the participant.
Sunnyfield can support you determining your eligibility for funding.
What support will Sunnyfield provide me?
- Cooking and preparing meals.
- Personal care such as showering.
- Distributing medication.
- Learning to catch public transport.
- Social outings with other housemates.
- Taking you to medical appointments and recreation activities.
I am eligible for SIL, what's next?
How do I know if I have funding for SIL?
How much does SIL cost?
- rental for the home;
- day-to-day living expenses such as food, activities or supports when hospitalised;
- items covered in other sections of the NDIS price guide such as assistive technology, transport costs, day program and work.
Additional costs can be found in the NDIS Price List.
Will I be included in household decisions?
What type of properties does Sunnyfield offer?
Who will I be living with?
Supported Independent Living Models explained
There are a range of Supported Independent Living (SIL) accommodation models available for NDIS participants, we also have range of established SIL vacancies available across NSW and the ACT.
Service provider leases or owns an affordable housing property in locations such as Western Sydney, Northern NSW and the Hunter.
Rental Leased by Families
Rental property is leased by families for the residents and Sunnyfield delivers 24/7 supports.
A home is gifted or bequeathed to Sunnyfield for the purposes of Supported Independent Living (SIL).
Start the conversation today
You are one click away to be ready to make a move! Get in touch with our team and we’ll help you to find the best Supported Independent Living option for you.