Information and facts about COVID-19 and what it is.
The most recently discovered Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that can cause an infection in people, including severe respiratory illness.
What are the symptoms?
According to NSW Health, the most common symptoms include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue and tired
- Click here for more information on identifying the symptoms
Reducing your risk
NSW Health has advised:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep
If I feel unwell
NSW Health has also advised:
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel unwell
- Phone your GP if you need medical attention
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately
- Follow the directions of your local health authority
For more information and facts on COVID 19 please visit the World Health Organisation.