Short-Term Accommodation (Respite)A great place to stay.
An inclusive and safe environment for people with disability to enjoy their out of home break.
Sunnyfield’s short-term-accommodation is a home away from home for people with disability. Supports are delivered by qualified and friendly staff providing a range of activities in a safe and supportive environment where you can learn new skills and build your independence.
Where to find respite
Whether you are looking for short or medium stays, our fully accessible respite accommodation services provide the perfect environment for children, youth and adults with disability to enjoy a fun and relaxing stay while carers take a break from daily routines.
Have you got a question about short-term accommodation?
We aim to provide all the information you need to find the right solution for your loved ones or clients. If you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What is short-term-accommodation (respite)?
Under the NDIS, Short-term accommodation, also known as respite, is a short or long stay in a residential home shared with other guests.
Set in a home environment you’ll receive support from qualified staff with your daily routines and activities as well as develop new skills, meeting others and trying new things.
Short-term accommodation provides an opportunity for carers and residents to enjoy a break from their usual routines in a supportive out of home stay environment for people with disability.
What is included in short-term accommodation?
Regardless which Sunnyfield short-term accommodation you choose for your loved one, you will find:
- 24/7 specialised staff support;
- accommodations open throughout holiday breaks and public holidays;
- fully accessible environment;
- accommodation available for children, youth and adults with disability;
- overnight stay, short stays and extended stays available;
- nutritious and balanced meals throughout the day, including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner;
- social activities, excursions, relaxation therapies and much more.
Is short-term accommodation covered under the NDIS?
Short-term accommodation is NDIS funded. This funding is listed under core supports in the support category Assistance with Daily Life.
We are also able to provide short-term accommodation at Fee-for-Service based on a support ratio of 1:3.
For more information visit the NDIS Price List.
What kind of support will Sunnyfield provide?
During your stay at all of our short-term accommodation services you’ll be supported with:
- cooking and food preparation as well as nutritional support;
- medication and personal care;
- recreational and social activities such as going to local parks, out for dinner and to the movies;
- building social circles and meeting new people;
- building independence away from your usual core supports to develop new skills.
How long can I stay?
You can stay as short or as long as you need. There are short one or two night stays available or more ongoing options that may suit your requirements.
Sunnyfield’s short-term accommodation services can also be utilised as a transition into Supported Independent Living if you’re exploring permanent living options.
What if I need a long term solution?
If you’re looking for a long-term solution, Sunnyfield also offers Supported Independent Living (SIL). For more information, click here.
Start the conversation today
For more information about Sunnyfield short-term-accommodation (respite) options for children, youth and adults, get in touch with our team and we’ll help you with your enquiry.