Welcome to Maitland Community Services Hub
Conveniently located next to the CBD, Maitland Hub is your place for fun, learning new hobbies and making new friends.
Children & Youth programs
6 to 17 years
We’ve got a wide range of programs for children and youth with disability. We’re now taking enrolments across social groups, vacation care, before and after school care and Skills for Life.
We’ve got a range of programs to grow your skills and get involved. Have fun learning and socialising with supportive daily activities like nature outings, swimming, crafts or cooking all as part of your NDIS-funded plan or as a fee-for-service.
The party’s just getting started at Sunnyfield, with a whole range of social groups for friends and fun. From nights out to big weekends, and the great outdoors to cosy places, There’s plenty on offer for young and old to get active and make friendships for life.
Skills For Life
Youth & Adults
Our Skills For Life programs develop valuable experience in the skills needed to build independence. With everything from financial literacy to cooking with ease and being safe when out and about, we support people with disability to achieve their NDIS goals.
kurri kurri service manager
Maitland service manager
Meet Michelle Hammond
Starting at Sunnyfield 5 years ago as a Community Support Worker, Michelle’s drive for equality and passion for people has seen her excel to the leader she is today. When designing programs, Michelle’s objective is to always include skills for life. Her green thumb and Don Bourke touch has turned the Maitland hub backyard into a beautiful oasis, teaching clients about sustainability and the farm-to-fork concept. In her personal time, Michelle can be found jamming out to Metallica.
Have a question about Maitland Hub?
At Maitland, Community Services Hub clients can access the following services:
- Day program Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Skills for Life programs such as Road Safety, Following a Recipe, Planning a Menu and Knowing Myself.
- Weekend and weekday evening social groups for youth and adults
- School holiday programs for children and youth during NSW school terms.
- The day program at Maitland hub is open to participants 18+
- The school holiday program is for children and youth aged 6 – 17 years
- The social groups are for youth aged 13 – 17 and adults 18+.
To help you with your everyday activities, your current disability-related needs and to work towards your NDIS goals.
- Access community social and recreational activities
- Group activities
- Group activities in the community
- Group activities in a centre
Learn more about core supports here.
The Maitland hub is under the Maitland Council. The hub is close to:
- Louth Park
- Oakhampton Heights
Transport is available at an additional cost.
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Accessible bathrooms
Kurri Kurri Hub – 19-minute drive.
Start the conversation today
Get in touch with our team and we’ll help you identify the right supports to reach your goals.