Welcome to Cessnock Community Services Hub
At Cessnock, we believe that life is all about creating enjoyable experiences and building strong connections with others. Our vibrant and exciting community offers choice and control in diverse group activities tailored to meet your unique needs.
Children & Youth programs
6 to 17 years
We’ve got a wide range of programs for children and youth with disability. We’re now taking enrolments across social groups, vacation care, before and after school care and Skills for Life.
We’ve got a range of programs to grow your skills and get involved. Have fun learning and socialising with supportive daily activities like nature outings, swimming, crafts or cooking all as part of your NDIS-funded plan or as a fee-for-service.
Skills For Life
Youth & Adults
Our Skills For Life programs develop valuable experience in the skills needed to build independence. With everything from financial literacy to cooking with ease and being safe when out and about, we support people with disability to achieve their NDIS goals.
Cessnock service manager
Cessnock service manager
Meet Corinne Edwards
For the past four years, Corinne has been dedicated to the Disability sector. Her personal experience with her daughter’s disability is what drives her to assist clients and families in navigating the NDIS. Corinne’s approach centres around supporting clients to prioritise their choices and control. Her unwavering commitment to building a supportive network for clients and families has positively impacted the community, and she finds it incredibly fulfilling.
Have a question about Cessnock Hub?
To help you with your everyday activities, your current disability-related needs and to work towards your NDIS goals.
- Access community social and recreational activities
- Group activities
- Group activities in the community
- Group activities in a centre
Learn more about core supports here.
Transport is available at an additional cost.
The Hub has an accessible bathroom.
Maitland Hub – 17-minute drive
The Cessnock hub is under the Cessnock Council. The hub is close to:
- Heddon Greta
- Pelaw Main
- Stanford Merthyr
- The day program at Cessnock hub is open to participants 18+
- The school holiday program is for children 6 – 17 years
- Social groups are for youth aged 13 – 17 and adults 18+.
At Cessnock Community Services Hub clients can access the following services:
- Day program Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Skills for Life programs such as Road Safety, Following a Recipe, Planning a Menu and Knowing Myself.
- Weekend and weekday evening social groups for youth aged 13 – 17 years and adults 18+
- School holiday programs for children and youth aged 6 – 17 years during NSW school terms.
Start the conversation today
Get in touch with our team and we’ll help you identify the right supports to reach your goals.