Welcome to Tweed Heads Community Services Hub
At Tweed Heads, you certainly won’t be short on sun, sand and surf. Here you can get amongst it every day with Skills For Life, cooking, fitness, nutrition, and science activities.
We’ve got a range of programs to grow your skills and get involved. Have fun learning and socialising with supportive daily activities like nature outings, swimming, crafts or cooking all as part of your NDIS-funded plan or as a fee-for-service.
The party’s just getting started at Sunnyfield, with a whole range of social groups for friends and fun. From nights out to big weekends, and the great outdoors to cosy places, There’s plenty on offer for young and old to get active and make friendships for life.
Skills For Life
Youth & Adults
Our Skills For Life programs develop valuable experience in the skills needed to build independence. With everything from financial literacy to cooking with ease and being safe when out and about, we support people with disability to achieve their NDIS goals.
Jess’ number one NDIS goal was to get a job in hospitality. Nothing was more important and her dedication to make it on her own made her unstoppable. After a lot of volunteering, training and skill development, and with the support of her care workers, Mum and her community, Jess has found a paid job at her local sports club. To say Jess is proud would be an understatement. Watch Jess’ journey to finding employment.
Have a question about Tweet Heads Hub?
At Tweed Heads, Community Services Hub clients can access the following services:
- Day program Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Skills for Life programs such as Road Safety, Following a Recipe, Planning a Menu and Knowing Myself.
- After-school from 3.30 pm to 6.30 pm Mondays to Fridays during NSW school terms.
- Weekend and weekday evening social groups for youth and adults
- School holiday programs for children and youth during NSW school terms.
- The day program at Tweed Heads hub is open to participants 18+
- The after-school care and school holiday programs are for children and youth aged 6 – 17 years
- The social groups are for youth aged 13 – 17 and adults 18+.
To help you with your everyday activities, your current disability-related needs and to work towards your NDIS goals.
- Access community social and recreational activities
- Group activities
- Group activities in the community
- Group activities in a centre
Learn more about core supports here.
The Tweed Heads hub is under the Tweed Shire Council and is close to:
- Banora point
- Fingal head
Transport is available at an additional cost.
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Accessible bathrooms
Supported Independent Living home – 6-minute drive
Start the conversation today
Get in touch with our team and we’ll help you identify the right supports to reach your goals.