After School CareThe Learning Tree is a Sunnyfield service program designed for school aged children and young people with disability.
Over the past four months through Sunnyfield’s After School Care program, Zac has been building his fitness and sharpening his soccer skills.
The Learning Tree is a Sunnyfield service program designed for school aged children and young people with disability. Sessions run Monday to Friday during school terms. Extended hours and school holidays are available on request.
The Learning Tree incorporates health and fitness, learning and life skills, community access and recreation. The programs are based in relaxed and inclusive settings at Sunnyfield Community Services Hubs in the following locations.
- Frenchs Forest, Northern Beaches
- Tweed Heads South
Click the arrow to expand the content
After School Care - Frenchs Forest (Secondary)
Sunnyfield’s after school care program is designed for participants aged 12 – 17. Sessions run Monday to Friday 3.15pm – 5.15pm during school terms and the program is based at Sunnyfield’s Community Services hub in Frenchs Forest.
Set in an inclusive and relaxed setting, the Community Services Hub features a gym, kitchen facilities, specialised sensory rooms, outdoor areas and open spaces for recreational activities.
Our program includes
- Building independence
- Developing self-awareness
- Getting to know yourself
Skills for Life activities
- Travel training (practical)
- Using an iPad and technology time
- Literacy skills
Relationships and community
- Exploring my local community
- Experience new and exciting activities
- Connect and socialise with peers and meet new friends
Performing and creative arts
- Vocalisation and speech
- Express yourself through music
- Explore various music genres and dance styles
- Get creative through art
Healthy living and well-being
- Stretching and flexibility
- Learn new techniques and relaxation
- Health and well-being techniques
- Outdoor excursions
- Assistance with self-care activities
- Individual skills development
- Assistance with domestic activities
After School Care - Tweed Heads, Tamworth, Gunnedah (Primary)
The Learning Tree is a Sunnyfield service program designed for school aged children and young people with disability. Sessions run Monday to Friday 3.30pm – 5.30pm during school terms. Extended hours, Saturdays and school holidays are available on request.
The Learning Tree incorporates health and fitness, learning and life skills, community access and recreation. The program is based in a relaxed and inclusive setting at Sunnyfield’s Community Services Hubs in Tweed Heads South, Gunnedah and Tamworth.
Our program includes
Monday – Healthy Minds
- Educational games
- Homework and tutorial support
- Technology time (computers/iPad)
Tuesday – Healthy Bodies
- Walking group
- Exercise games and gym like activities
Wednesday – Out and About
- Participants choice outings
- Library and gallery visits
Thursday – All Things Music
- Music jamming and workshops
- Music and creative movement
Friday – Express Yourself
- Group choice activities
- Arts and crafts
- Creative cooking