What we are doing to protect the Sunnyfield community during this pandemic.
Sunnyfield will review changes to government guidelines and public health orders, and assess the impact on processes and policy. We will update and refine our practices to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate, but always with the safety and protection of clients and staff as a priority.
We have developed a Sunnyfield COVID-19 Planning Team to advise best practice across the organisation to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing for all Sunnyfield clients, families and staff.
The Planning Team is guided by the latest information from the World Health Organisation, the Australian Government and State Health Authorities relevant resources in handling this global situation as it enfolds.
We’ve introduced the following:
- Scaled up all regular cleaning schedules across all hubs, homes, employment sites and across Sunnyfield’s fleet.
- Ceased all face to face meetings and/or site visits across all services in NSW and the ACT.
- Adopted strict hygiene protocols across all sites including regular handwashing and temperature checks.
- Clients and/or staff that are feeling un-well have been advised to stay home until they have received medical attention or sought medical advice.
- Adhering to social distancing across all Sunnyfield services where practicable.
- Implemented a working from home strategy for those are able to do so.
- Introduced a new Care-at-home service model to support people with disability in their homes.
- Ceased client and staff transport and travel unless essential.
- Reduced visitation across all Sunnyfield residential facilities to minimize exposure and community transmission of COVID-19.
All measures and precautions are being taken to ensure the safety of our community as we continue supporting those with disability in all of our services.