What we are doing to protect the Sunnyfield community during this pandemic.
We have developed a Sunnyfield COVID-19 Planning Team to advise best practice across the organisation to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing for all Sunnyfield clients, families and staff.
The Planning Team is guided by the latest information from the World Health Organisation, the Australian Government and State Health Authorities relevant resources in handling this global situation as it enfolds.
We’ve introduced the following:
- Scaled up all regular cleaning schedules across all hubs, homes, employment sites and across Sunnyfield’s fleet
- We are adjusting all social group and community access programs and cancelling bowling, movies and other activities that are enclosed, moving to outdoor spaces and parks
- Scaled down all face to face meetings and/or site visits across all services in NSW and the ACT
- Adopted very strict hygiene protocols across all sites including regular handwashing and temperature checks
- Clients and/or staff that are feeling un-well have been advised to stay home until they have received medical attention and/or sought medical advice
- Practising social distancing as a precaution to reduce the transmission where practical
All measures and precautions are being taken to ensure the safety of our community as we continue supporting those with disability in all of our services. Sunnyfield will update, staff, clients and families with vital information as it is released by the World Health Organisation, NSW Health, ACT Health and the Australian Government.