New measures to support NDIS participants and providers through COVID-19.
The Hon Stuart Robert MP Minister for the NDIS, announced on 21 March support for NDIS participants, including:
• NDIS plans extended up to 24 months
• Face-to-face planning shifted to telephone meetings (where possible)
• Provide flexibility to shift capacity-building funding to core support funding
• Monitor service gaps to ensure essential disability services are available
• Outreach to high-risk participants to ensure continuity of supports.
The Minister also announced financial assistance for disability support providers to help them remain viable and to retain staff. Sunnyfield will work closely with the NDIA to implement these changes and continue supporting clients.